SOCIAL MEDIA

EXPLORING SALT LAKE CITY: UPTOWN CHEAPSKATES

11.21.2018

I received a discount for my honest review and promotion of Uptown Cheapskates. All opinions are honest and the writing is mine alone. 

I've seen this store downtown several times and when I had the opportunity to review them for my blog/instagram I was really excited to try them out. I went in there knowing honestly nothing other than that they sold clothes. I've been looking for pieces to add to my wardrobe and I need something to wear to Thanksgiving and Christmas and since we are saving money for our move this seemed like a good option.

Uptown Cheapskates is a secondhand store that deals with name brand clothes for my age range think teens to maybe thirties? You can also sell your clothes for cash or store credit. I went on a day they were having a sale (not intentionally - I just had an appointment at the VA and it happened I could swing by that day) that sale is still going on until Black Friday. It is 20% off the entire store with more deals on boots, beanies, and more stuff. I was mostly searching for outfits for Thanksgiving and Christmas, so I didn't really look into those areas but I will say that I was happy to see how big the men's area was.

Also, the store was ORGANIZED! My sweet OCD heart rejoiced. Sometimes, even in department stores I can feel a little overwhelmed when stuff isn't clearly labeled and I can't find what I'm looking for. This store, not only is everything divided into sections (dresses, tops, bottoms), it is also divided by SIZES y'all! I was so glad I could just look for exactly what I was looking for.

Even without the sale, everything was reasonably priced. For reference, I bought some new brands that I'm not familiar with, but they had the big VS Pink sweatshirts that I love and buy for usually $35 - $45 marked at only $10 and they still looked brand new. I would have bought them but I was searching for something dressier.

Onto what I actually bought. I bought a sweater, a cardigan, a cami, a flannel, and a flannel dress, for $35 (before my blog review discount - which was $15), I got $10 off with the sale. So if I walked in on a regular day and paid full price I would have only paid $45. Totally reasonable.

The flannel, when I got home I realized was mens, and it fit my husband, so he ended up with a new shirt out of it. I'm excited to go back and get more clothes to fill out my winter wardrobe. Be sure to check out my instagram for how I style these pieces over the season.

There are numerous Uptown Cheapskates in various locations visit their website HERE to find your local location.

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments! Leave me one?