SOCIAL MEDIA

MOOD BOARD: OUR NATURAL GLAM LIVING ROOM

6.18.2018

Hey! So now that you've seen our living room I wanted to talk about our plans for it, in two parts. PART ONE is for the next five months of apartment living and PART TWO is for when we move into a bigger space.



Our current living room is our most used space, our apartment is open, so technically we have a dining table shoved in here too, but we don't use it as a dining table, I hope to use it in our new place though, so right now we eat at our coffee table. We also have a bar we could use, but we don't... maybe we are a little lazy :)

So mainly for PART ONE we want to redo our coffee table. I like THIS look or THIS look and I'll DIY something in between (think deep black center and gold legs). I would also like to finish our gallery wall above our couch with THIS piece, or something similar.

BORING, I know, but bare with me, it gets fun in part two.

Since we really LIVE in our living room I don't want it to be too much of my ~*goth bruja chic*~ vibes going on so I feel like it is really important to keep it light and airy, unlike in our bedroom where I'm living for all black everything.

So I want to start with a new rug, I let my husband pick the current one that we have, it was a cheap one from target. I love THIS one from RugsUSA or THIS one. Something light but with a little black in it. I love bookcases, but I also love my plantas so I have been debating on just upgrading our current cheap IKEA shelf unit (and buying a couple more) with paint and contact paper, DIY-ing coffin shelves like THESE, or buying some of THESE from target. When I see the space I'll make my final decision.

I love love love THESE end tables in either black or natural. We also want to replace our sofa I like THIS from IKEA probably with THIS and THIS accent chair. I love extra seating. Plus they are cute. I also want to upgrade our entertainment center. Our current one will go to our guestroom and I like THIS one from target.

Admittedly it does kill me a little that I'm not using a much black and gold as I would like in this room, but I'm hoping the natural wood tones, the silvers, greys, and hints of black with help transition into the rest of the house really well.

To see what our living room looks like right now - CLICK HERE - I do hope we find a place to keep our red couch, I kind of love it, it was a gift from my mother in law and when we first got married, we only owned a futon, and two TVs. I'm the sentimental type.

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments! Leave me one?