SOCIAL MEDIA

EXPLORING SALT LAKE CITY - THE STATE CAPITOL

6.04.2018
I love living in SLC. It is gorgeous here. The mountains, the food, the cute little shops. I just can't get enough of it, and I want to share some of my favorite places with y'all!



One of my favorite things to do in Spring/Fall is walk the mile long walk from our apartment to the State Capitol. The walk is rather uneventful, the path is pretty straight forward, we always bypass the middle of downtown, but when we get close, we see the real beauty. The Capitol is gorgeous.

I love that it is dog-friendly, they provide poop clean-up bags (I always try to bring my own, but it is nice when somewhere provides it!). There are always people walking the campus with their dogs. The various monuments surrounding the Capitol give us something to walk around and see.

They do tours on the hour 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday, but sadly, only service dogs are permitted inside.



Some fast facts about the Utah State Capitol:

* Tours are free and are encouraged! They even have a scavenger hunt activity that you are welcome to try!

* Inside of the capitol is painted with beautiful artwork depicting the history of Utah.

* There are over a dozen monuments on the grounds for you to walk around and see if you have no interest in entering the capitol.

*The movie Legally Blonde 2 was filmed outside of the Utah State Capitol!

*The capitol is made of Utah granite - talk about shopping local!


Above all, what makes the State Capitol one of the MUST SEE things to do in Salt Lake City, is the views! The 40 acres of hilly lands just amaze me every SINGLE TIME I go over there. I am never not impressed. I just can't gush enough. Utah is beautiful. 


Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments! Leave me one?